Friday, February 27, 2004

All jokes aside, I saw "The Passion of the Christ" last night. Now, I know that organized religion makes T$ angry, but please bear with me, I don't plan on trying to convert anyone. All I can truly tell you is that I wept. The tears came about halfway through and didn't stop until I was safely inside my home. I could cry now just thinking about it. Maybe it has a bit to do with the guilt I feel about going to Catholic schools for 12 years of my life and not really understanding the suffering that coincided with the stories. I learned about the cat-of-nine-tails, the crown of thorns, and the many times He fell carrying the cross, but when I was a child those events never really sank in. It didn't hurt. This film was unbelievable. It was heartbreaking and horrifying. I honestly feel that it's a film about humanity, not of religious preference. My many years of religious education did prepare me for the story's plot (I already knew who Judas, Peter, Mary, Barabbas, etc. were before they were introduced as characters), but it in no way prepared me for how emotionally I would react to something that I had read on paper about a million times before. I know that this film has received a lot of press about its controversy, but regardless of your religious upbringing, go see the film and decide for yourself.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Listed on BlogShares Blogarama - The Blog Directory
[ Registered ]