Monday, April 19, 2004

We could use a few suggestions on the haps of NYC. It's true, I did grow up in Northern NJ, but my trips into NY can be summed up into 3 categories:

1. Christmas with the family. This event usually took place the first week of December. It was the only time truancy was allowed. As we left the house and piled into the family car, my mom would be asking, "Does everyone have their gloves?" The 6 of us would hit Rockefeller Center, gaze up at the tree, and breathe into our scarves. We'd check out the window display at Macy's. Of course, St Patrick's cathedral was a given. Finally, we'd end up at FAO Schwartz and never buy anything. This is one of my most prized memories.

2. Birthdays with my best friend FH. One year, we went to see the Rockettes at MSG. One year, we saw a show - it was probably Cats. One year, we took 12 of our friends to the Hard Rock Cafe. Sometimes we just went shopping.

3. Underage debauchery. Do you remember the Limelight? I had my first kiss there. It was a nasty sight - all tongue and mustache. I must have been 15. There's also this bar called McGee's near the Ed Sullivan theatre. Twenty of us could get in with just one bad fake ID. We'd stumble home on the PATH, take the train, and end up sleeping on my friend's floor in Clifton.

So, it's been awhile since I've lived there. Any adult suggestions welcomed......



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Listed on BlogShares Blogarama - The Blog Directory
[ Registered ]