Sunday, May 23, 2004

My car is a place of worship. I've prayed more "Our Fathers" in it than in any official church during my entire 16 years of Catholic Schooling. This time, it's something electrical. Picture the scene from "Back to the Future" where Marty is sitting in the Delorian preparing to go back to the future, and the display on his dashboard starts strobing. Zzzt. Zzzt. And then it goes black, and he pounds his head on the steering wheel and it miraculously comes back to life. That was me on the 101 just now. Yes, it is 2:30 in the morning, and yes, I was scared to death of coming to an abrupt halt on the freeway on a night when the drunks are behind the wheel in record numbers. I just have to keep repeating to myself that experiences like this one with my junk bucket build character. I've built so much damn character over the last decade.....(there's a joke here somewhere, but it's late and my nerves are shot. night. night.)



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Listed on BlogShares Blogarama - The Blog Directory
[ Registered ]