Thursday, April 28, 2005

I want my MTV

Where the hell did it go? It's usually channel 331. Nothing. Check the billion-channel guide. Nothing. What happened? I'm not sure I want to live in a world without MTV!!! It's been my companion for the last 23 and two-thirds years. God. Has it been that long? Video killed the radio star. Take on me. Janet Jackson's first midriff-baring video. You know, the black and white one. I like big butts and I cannot lie. C'mon. Why have you left me, old friend?
T$ - I was a sophomore in HS when the Wall fell. Don't remember the exact details. But I do remember being in the 6th grade when the Challenger broke apart after launch. The principal came in and announced the news to the class. We all had to go down to the Social Studies classroom to watch the reports on TV, since there were only 2 TVs in our entire school. I also remember looking at the cover of TIME magazine while lying on my stomach in front of the TV in early 1981 when Ronald Reagan was on the cover. He was called "Man of the Year" and I was wondering, "What makes him so great?" Then again, I was only 6.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Listed on BlogShares Blogarama - The Blog Directory
[ Registered ]